COVID-19 Update from WCFT
To our circus family,
With the COVID-19 impacts increasing daily, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close, effective March 20th through March 31st, 2020.
Though we believe circus and fitness activities are important to both our mental and physical well-being, we feel it is our social responsibility to be as cautious as possible, so we can help slow the spread of the virus and spread out the impact on our medical system. Here is how our closure will come into effect:
- Effective immediately (Wednesday, March 18th at noon), all classes where social distancing cannot apply are cancelled. These include flying trapeze, partner acro, and duo trapeze.
- Spring break camp will run as planned through Friday, March 20th, with adjustments to maintain social distancing. There will not be an end-of-week performance for parents. Instead, we will film it, and email it to parents.
- Any classes you have registered for that are not running will be returned to your account, and you can use the credits for future classes. Any class packs’ expiry dates will be extended by the length of the closure if needed.
This decision was not an easy one. We still have to pay rent on our studio space, and without running classes, we are looking at other options to cover our costs. If you would like to continue to support the school, please consider:
- Purchasing a gift card or pack of classes for future use.
- Starting Monday, March 23, we will offer online handstands, circuit, flexibility, and aerial conditioning classes over Zoom. We will release the schedule by Friday, March 19th. You will be able to sign up for these classes through our website or MindBody, as you would for a normal class.
- We are creating a Shopify account to sell our Circus Hurts sweatshirts online. We’ll share the link on our social media channels as soon as it’s ready!
While we navigate these uncertain times, connection and community have never been so important. We have a responsibility to take care of each other, and ourselves, in ways we’re not accustomed to. If you are feeling isolated, anxious, uninspired, all of the above, if you want to ask us stuff, or have an online dance party, please reach out. We’re here for you, and we can’t wait to see you back in the studio when this is all over.
Thank you for your patience, compassion, and continued support.
Stay safe and be kind.
Chris and Kimmie